Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blogcation


NW WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FOOT. NW SWELL 10 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
You may have noticed, or not...
That I have not posted in a bit...
I've been on a bit of a Blogcation...
Since I had to use up all my vacation...
Because it's a "Use it or Lose it" deal...
And I have been away from the 'puter...
For better or worse, but...
Gaz said to update my blog...
And I had to agree...
So I posted a shot of his homebreak...
The Epicenter, Brohampton, SooLooVille...
As you see, finally a solid swell...
Although a bit overpowering I hear...
I got out tonight a bit further north...
A certain infamous left was starting to fire...
Although tales of bumps, whale slaps & headless seals...
Are pretty much de riguer up here...
Necessary according to etiquette...
The headless bloated sea lion laying on the beach...
As I walked past it to the rip outside...
Seemed to confirm some of the tales...
And served as a wordless warning...
To keep your eyes peeled...
A second carcass floating in the lineup...
Briefly, thankfully, added some weight...
Then the 3 head and a 1/2 over waves...
Caught in an hour and a half...
Seemed enough luck to push near dark...
Especially after the 30+ waves last night...
In the same time frame...
Although barely waist high...
For the most part...
Looks like size is here for the week...
Hopefully get another splash tomorrow...
Then it's the final section...
Of Blogcation 2009...
Headed to Waldo Lake for 3 days...
There, happy now Gaz?

2 comments:

Gaz said...

No. Go back to Waldo-world.

Doughboy said...

I hate large waves. More specifically I hate not surfing large waves. Even more specific, I hate being afraid to surf large waves. Any time I have committed to the larger wave it has worked out well. More than well. But there is something that happens to me when I am uncommitted. I get doubtful. Too fast. Too steep. Won't make that section. Jump damn you! Jump! I hate that. though I am pretty sure I hate seeing headless torsos bobbing next to me a bit more.